Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Little Heat In the Shadowlands

This picture was taken almost 2 years ago by my friend Cindy. There are many good reasons to love Cindy, but just having taken this picture would be enough for me. I never knew I could look that hot. I imagine myself looking at this picture when I am very old and thinking, "My goodness, I was hot when I was a young thing in my 40's."

For best results when climbing in Spearfish Canyon, it's nice to have a ropegun with you. Brent was ours that day and got us up numerous routes. I can't remember the names of any of them. I don't think I made it up anything clean, but was extremely proud whenever I managed to claw my way to the top after a couple or a dozen hangs along the way.

Skip, Cindy, Tara, Brent, Adam and Shay were my cohorts. I am so glad this picture is reminding me of that day. What a pleasant memory. It lightly rained for a brief moment, which tends to slime up limestone a bit, but it went away.

And I love that three day feeling of jello arms that a good hard day of climbing in the canyon can give a girl.

No comments: