Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Letters from Falling Rock

So I get this note from Pam that it was 50 degrees awhile ago and she and Ron took her son Ray climbing for the first time. Falling Rock is an interesting choice for someone's first climb. I've done that to people before, too. Apparently Ray is making his way up Garden Party. I remember climbing that when I first got to town. I think I didn't climb again for 5 years. Take the pumpy nature of Falling Rock and add the death grip common to many beginners and a pair of slippery tennis shoes for help and you'll understand why I couldn't use my arms for the next couple of days. Good thing Ray's tougher than that. Pam says they were just climbing something in the South Seas and that he did well on one of the Shark things. It was her first time back since breaking her wrist earlier this winter.

While it's somewhat painful to hear about the good climbing back home that I am missing, it's good to know people are out enjoying it, and it certainly brings back good memories.

No comments: