Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jan & Jane, Chewy's Tumble, High Point

Little behind on my new resolution to keep track of this spring's climbs. I think it was sometime in May that Amy and I followed Chris's lead up Jan & Jane on Spire 2. It's a lovely line. Bobby Billy and Kenny were climbing some crack to the left which sounded grunt inspiring, complete with ice flow. Apparently the belay point for their 2nd pitch left Kenny in perfect view to see me paw repeatedly in the air while psyching up for the step-accross. Chris promises to send pictures.

My camera was still in an unknown location when I met up with Kenny, Flappy, and Amy at Moonlight Ridge. They'd been busy for awhile and they let me jump on Chewy's Tumble. It's a pumpy little 7 that I found very pleasing. While we were discussing what to try next it began to rain. We opted for the hike to the truck and met Chris in town; it was his birthday.

One day after work in early June, Kenny and I drove up to the Needle's Eye despite a rather ominous sky. We pulled in as little droplets started hitting the windshield. We walked around a bit, and then it stopped. We decided to go for it, but since it was a tad damp out, we went for High Point and left Tricuni Nail for more optimal weather. It was fun and exciting. The rain came back with some powerful wind. Easy climbing, but not much for protection once you leave the crack and shoot for the summit. Seemed like a lot of rope went out. The real exciting part comes on the downclimb from the summit to the rap point.

No comments: